Sunday 21 March 2010

The Magical Leek Soup!!!!

This weekend plan is from Mireille's Musings French Women don't get fat.
The book is a reminder of enjoying the food we eat and it certainly got my thinking not only about what I was eating but how I was eating it. A sandwich on the run, dinner in front of the T.V, my lifestyle had prevented me from enjoying the food and savoring the taste which often led to me going back for more as I simple wasn't listening to my body. Now a days I make an effort to sit down and taste the food I am eating, if I don't have time for that then I question if I am really hungry. It has also made me stop and look around me, I am now not only enjoying my food but also when I take a seat in the park or a bench in the city I take full notice of what is going on around me.
I have yet to try out this weekend plan but I will maybe in a few weeks depending on how my master cleanse goes.

Good luck for who ever tries it!

Recipe for Magical Leek Soup
Serves one for the weekend

2 lbs. leeks
Water to cover in a large pot

1. Clean leeks and rinse well to get rid of sand and soil. Cut end of green parts leaving all the white parts plus a suggestion of green. (Reserve the extra greens for soup stock.)
2. Put leeks in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer with no lid for 20-30 minutes. Pour off the liquid and reserve. Place the leeks in a bowl.

Instructions:
The juice is to be drunk (reheated or room temperature to taste) every 2-3 hours, a cup at a time.
For meals or whenever hungry, have some of the leeks themselves, ½ cup at a time. Drizzle with a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season sparingly with salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley if you wish.
This will be your nourishment for both days, until Sunday dinner, when you can have a small piece of meat or fish (4 - 6oz.–don’t lose that scale yet!), with two vegetables, steamed with a bit of butter or oil, and a piece of fruit.

What you need for your detox weekend -

2 lbs. leeks
1 or 2 fresh lemons
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
Olive oil

4 – 6 oz of meat or fish
2 types of fresh vegetables of your choice
1 serving fresh fruit
1 small pat (1/2 – 1 Tablespoon) of butter

No comments:

Post a Comment